The Fish Kin


This poem is conversation between two Fish Kings facing electrofishing. Electrofishing uses direct current electricity flowing between a submerged cathode and anode. This affects the movement of the fish so that they swim toward the anode, where they can be caught.
***
Welcome said the Fish King,
Did you get a spin?
This pond is full of grin
Sunny side, have you been?
Mystical reefs Sparklin

Lately it is full of florin
but that's where you find bloodfin

Last year my harem had two thousand yin
in fact two of them had quin
But this year two million couldn't fin!
And now survival is a win
for worse we have some sin

I have a friend with mandolin
who told amphibians are killin

and we are seen as lot of protein!?
in fish-lingo they are assassin
oh my kin, you are the New King!
here is your royal pin

And we all fold our shin
Good luck my Viking
Pardon I had some gin
old bones have started crackin

Soon I will be fightin
I will go near red Zeppelin
find why we all die with a din

I heard it pains like pushpin
how bad it could be than water ricin
But wish we survive, Amin!

***

World have enough Lion Kings,
what we need is humble fish kins!

___



REFERENCES:

florin - A coin worth two shillings
quin - five children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
din - a loud, unpleasant, and prolonged noise

zeppelin - Used as an Anode where fishes swim and gets caught. A long and cylindrical ship with a rigid framework used during World War I for reconnaissance and bombing




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate Change and its impact on India

Remembering - The Forgotten Army

Long Live Sangeet